Sunday, December 30, 2012

Review: Jakks Pacific: City Style Stella Doll

So I went to ToysRUs earlier this week hoping to get Harmonix Stella and Aisha... and they had the weirdest stock ever. Three Harmonix Blooms, one Harmonix Stella, and that's it for Harmonix. Then they had one City Style Stella tucked in between a bunch of Everyday dolls, and no other Season 5 dolls.

I guess someone got there before me and bought the rest, even though I went the day after they restocked. :P Oh well. I'm hoping to go back next week and get City Style Aisha if they get another shipment. Anyway, while I was there I bought both the Stellas. Expect a review of Harmonix sometime soon.

The floors of Sibylla's photos have gotten uh. Interesting. I can't find the notebook I usually tear white paper out of for the floor.
So here she is! Personally I think she's a REALLY cute doll; probably my favorite Jakks Stella to date. I haven't really loved many of the past Stellas but this one really gets me. So let's get started.

Look at all those little bows.
I've seen others complain that the shoes aren't show accurate but they look about right to me. I guess you could complain that they aren't painted but really Jakks doesn't paint any of it's shoes so why expect that now?

They're a nice color too. They match her dress nicely.

Do you see that one curl? Yeah, well it kills me.
So this is her dress. I think they executed it pretty well! The top part is glittery as you can tell, and it's about the same color of her boots; maybe a bit darker.

The ruffle part is really nice. It's not hemmed but it isn't fraying at all and as long as you don't roughly play with your dolls it should stay that way.

It's kept on by those two ribbons and velcro in the back. There's no plastic straps or anything, but it seems to hold up anyway.

She also has a single orange bracelet. For a second there I thought to check if it was a watch, like on Everyday Tecna, but then I remembered it's Stella. They would never give her a watch.

And this is the back!
The back is pretty much the same as the front. No one-sided prints, thankfully! As you can see that's how the two ribbons end. 

Her earrings are a new mold. They're four little stars; a big one at the hole, then three little ones coming off it. She also has a big bow on her head which I wish was thicker-- it's oddly thin. Like she tied the bow with string, not ribbon. It's pretty cute though.


This is her hairstyle! It really surprised me... I didn't think it was in a ponytail, I thought it was just flat down. I'm tempted to take it down, but I think I'll leave it for the moment.

It's actually not that bad quality. I mean, it's nothing compared to Monster High hair, but we can't compare everything to that; that's not the standard. It's soft and lightly curled. Doesn't seem like it'd get messed up easily. It's a nice color.

Can you tell she's smirking?!
She also has these two big curls in the front, I really like the tightly curled one-- but jeez the other one is getting on my nerves. It's like they forgot to hairspray it. It has a bunch of loose hairs and it's just kinda floating around. It gets messed up easily.

The other one is fabulous though!

Her makeup is really cute; competing with Harmonix for my favorite makeup on a Stella doll. Her lips are a bright, scarlet red and her upper eyemakeup is similar to Everyday's, but more saturated and darker. I much prefer this face to Everyday.

Funny thing is I got one with a face misprint. Her moth got printed wrong on the doll so uh. It looks like she's smirking. Which is like the best thing ever, because who doesn't want a smirky Stella?? You can't really see it that well in my pics, but it's there. The only character it'd be even better in is Musa.

 Overall I'd rate this doll about a 9/10. I like this line better then Harmonix, and it's great quality. The dolls are much better now. I definitely recommend her! :)

Also, I bought a PSP 1000 yesterday with my sister, and when I try to play the Winx game on it it sounds like it's dry heaving and takes forever to load. What's wrong with it? I don't know if it's the game or the system, anyone have an idea?

Thanks for reading, and be sure to check back again! 

1 comment:

  1. She is super gorgy! I think I'm gonna buy her first or Bloom, or Flora, or Aisha... Darn! I love them all ;P

    ReplyDelete