Thursday, December 6, 2012

Review: Jakks Pacific: Everyday Stella Doll

Time for another review from SibyllaJustice! I feel like my entire blog is episode reviews and doll reviews. Anyone got another idea for what I can do? I tried Fan Activities but that wasn't popular, so who knows. :P Then again, I probably don't have enough readers for anything to be very popular.

Anyway. Everyday Stella! I completed the Everyday line. When I do a review of Musa I'll have to use Concert and put it in her outfit though, because I cut the hair on Everyday and that's not exactly accurate for a review.

(Also, expect a Concert Bloom review sometime soon. I ordered her off Amazon lastnight. Totaled up to only $5, amazing deal right?)

So we'll start head to toe, starting with head. I'll leave hair/face for last though because I always do.

I honestly can't tell if these pictures are better or worse than the Concert Musa ones. At least these have a normal background and not an ugly yellow construction paper color though. I'll never be good at taking pictures, as long as I only use my cell phone camera.
So this is Stella. As you can probably tell, she's my favorite character. (In case you haven't noticed, I've gone out of my way to incorporate her into all of my blog banners. If you did notice, congrats.)  Anyway. This doll is super adorbs and I love her. Some of the other dolls of the line I like better, but still. Stella.

Wow, Stella. Does that hurt to wear?
Starting with head, Stella had the biggest most painful looking headband I have ever seen in my life. That giant butterfly hanging off the side doesn't help either. It seems like it'd weigh down your head. As you can see, it is also creeping very close to her earrings. I think it wants to absorb the earrings. This thing looks threatening. On the flip side though, it's kinda cute. In an odd way.

Stella has a pretty cute dress, I find it funny that in the original stock pics it didn't have the stripes and they edited them on later. It's still only striped on the front. I hate one-sided patterns, it's just weird. It's even weirder when they do it on shirts for humans.

It is a nice dress though despite that and it's held up by two of those plastic bands, that I don't know how to describe. It's how they hold up strapless gowns too, right? Or wait. I know nothing about strapless gowns. Scratch that. Well. I hope you know what I'm talking about.

I love this belt SO MCUH. It's GIANT and I love giant belts and it has this big 'ol star stuck on the side. My only complaint is it's hard to position right and it doesn't want to stay around her hips/waist. It keeps somehow ending up worn like a hula-hoop.

I feel like she needs some sort of tights or something like Giochi gave her. Oh well, she didn't have any in the show so it's probably best she doesn't have any on the doll.

Her shoes are pretty cute. They're glossy so it looks like they're ten times harder then the normal shoes for these dolls but nope they're the same. Just... glossy. They're strappy sandals and they look a little bulky but since it's a doll of  a cartoon it works.

Onto hair and face!

We'll start with hair.

Look at the beautiful blonde color. Oh look, you can also see a little bit of that non-striped fabric I mentioned earlier.
Her hair is a really nice color and I like the way they curled it. Nylon is also my favorite doll hair material so that's nice. I like how all her hair goes in that nice wave. EXCEPT TWO LITTLE PIECES.

Sorry but that's one of my pet peeves on dolls and I CANT GET IT TO GO WITH THE WAVE
I'm sure you can see the two little pieces. They are the death of me. Her bangs are cut a little messily too, it's like they literally chopped across with scissors and now it's lopsided.

Hey, can you see the two little straps now?!
 I like the face on this doll but it's not very 'Stella'. It looks too... hmm, what's the word? I dunno. Her lips are perfect. Her eyes are pretty nice... I think it's in the eyebrows. They're too sweet. I think that's why it works on Charmix, since the eyebrows are covered up by long bangs there.

Also. Why won't they do long bangs like that on all of the Stellas?! That looks so much better than this. @__@

Overall I'd rate this doll around a 7/10. Not the best, there are a few little things there that get on my nerves but I think it's just me. She is really cute though and I think she's worth buying.

Be sure to check back for my Christmas episode review on Sunday! After that I'll need a new weekly thing, since they won't be airing new episodes again for a while. Anyone got a suggestion? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment