Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Review: Enchantix, as a Transformation

"And I feel so beautiful and strong!
I raise my energy,
Finally I become a real fairy!
A butterfly...
Shining so bright!"

Last time I did one of these was with Believix! And that happened what, a month ago? Looks like I'm going in backwards order, saving for Harmonix and Sirenix.

So Enchantix was the transformation of Season 3-- the supposed final fairy form. Er, not. What I like to believe though is it's like a tree, magic winx/Charmix being the roots, Enchantix being the trunk, and Sirenix, Harmonix, Believix, etc etc, are branches. If that makes sense? Anyway. Enchantix was one of my favorite transformations, next to Charmix/Magic Winx.

The Designs

If it isn't obvious I'm going in the same order as I was with Believix. Anyway.

I love the Enchantix designs. They're the best, imo. Each girl looks like herself, each girl looks gorgeous, elegant, and fairy-like... something I thought Believix was lacking on. It just didn't look like "fairy" clothing. It looked like sparkle splattered little-girl clothing.

But Enchantix... it's different! I honestly have no complaints with these designs really, other then the fact that Layla's kept changing color. First it was green, then it was blue... personally I prefer it green. I think she looks a lot better in green then she does blue.

I think Flora's is my favorite out of the bunch. Really I'm not much of a Flora fan-- and out of the early Seasons, she was probably my least favorite. But the design they gave her was absolutely stunning, with how flowy and natural it looked.

Layla's probably my least favorite. I like it, but it changed colors constantly and didn't reflect her as well as the others did for the other girls. I also thought there was something missing. I still don't know what, but. Maybe something on her legs? Like some shorts under her skirt like on Tecna's? I don't know. Her wings are my favorite out of the Enchantix ones though-- those are gorgeous. Somehow Layla always gets the best wings... the only transformation I can't say that applies to is Sirenix, because they have the same wings just in different colors.

The Powers

With Enchantix came a few new powers-- but nothing going overboard, like on Believix.

So we got the fairy dust. Which for some odd reason, I really, really, really want to call pixie dust. It basically could be used for curing and lifting any dark spell-- specifically Valtor's. This is useful. I don't know why they didn't keep it into later seasons.
I think such a large power is totally fitting for how the girls earn Enchantix. I don't think that gets enough appreciation-- if it weren't for Enchantix being a thing in the Winx world, they would've died. They'd be dead right now because they gave themselves up for another. I don't think many people really get what a big deal that is.

Anyway. I kinda strayed off topic there. With Enchantix, we also got stronger, bigger wings. You could fly in big harsh wind currents, that kind of thing.

Not to mention overall stronger powers in general. It's not like some of our later transformations where the Winx somehow end up weaker then they were in Magic Winx/Charmix.

The Transformations

Enchantix had gorgeous transformation sequences! I think Musa's was definitely my favorite.

Bloom's, with the big dragon flying by, the black silhouette... I think it's Bloom's best transformation sequence overall, out of all of hers. It was super nice.

Stella's was also uh. Stellar. (are you guys staring at the screen now, thinking, "Sibylla what r u doing.") I loved how when she kinda twirled around she had her new hairstyle and everything, and they picked pretty much the best angles possible to do her gloves and stuff at. I also loved that kiss thing at the end. I totally wanted to make it my icon but then I realized it looked kinda ugly as a screenshot.

Flora's actual ending result was gorgeous, but I think the transformation wasn't actually all that special. I did really like how she came out of the flower and everything, but the rest wasn't really very special to me.

Musa... Musa's my favorite! I said that, right? I love her spinning, the black silhouette, the music note rope-- all amazing. The only part I didn't care for was the random light blue backgrounded part with the ribbon. That didn't fit in-- pick a color background. Can't have both.

Tecna's was super cute! I liked how they had the grid changing her appearance, the kinda 'loading' on her clothing. Super cool concept, and was executed great as well.

Layla's I didn't really like. They didn't try very hard to involve her actual personality or powers into it-- it was just "glowy white light, adds on the clothing" and that was it. It was also oddly shorter then the rest of them, which bothered me.

The music for Enchantix was pretty nice-- though I'm more into the 4kids music, but that's just because I grew up with it. The actual song used in the other dubs was really cool, but I thought it was trying a bit too hard. I completely see why people prefer it, though.

Overall I'd rate this transformation about a 9.5/10. I completely love it, barely any complaints.

Thanks for reading! What do you think of Enchantix?


2 comments:

  1. Enchantix is my all time favorite! I wish Jakks did dolls for all of them, or at least release the outfits and wings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would've been super cool if they had! I can only imagine how pretty a Jakks Enchantix Musa would be.

      Delete