Saturday, December 22, 2012

Comparing Jakks Pacific Faces

I went through my dolls lastnight, and decided that since they all have such different faces, I'd take comparison pics for you guys! So here you go. Same bad quality as usual though, sorry.

So we're gonna start with Bloom.

Charmix vs Enchantix
I'm using Enchantix instead of Believix since their faces are identical.

So Charmix Bloom actually has a really, really weird face. I mean it's cute, but it's unlike all the other Bloom faces I own. You'll see what I mean when I go on in this post; it's not the normal budget face.

So differences between the two are pretty obvious-- Enchantix has the "fish lips" like Ariel dolls and some of the older-newer Bratz did. Charmix Bloom has more realistic lips but the top lip is unusually small.

The eyes have glitter eyeshadow on Enchantix and they're generally bigger and more lively. They have more eyelashes too.

Concert vs Charmix
And this is what I mean.

As you can see the eyes are shaped completely differently. Concert's are about ten times more upturned and they're bigger, more lively, while Charmix looks more sleepy almost. The lips on Charmix are slightly smaller then Concert and she has more makeup. They both have two eyelashes on each eye.

Charmix's makeup is also much more purple then any other Bloom I own.

Everyday vs Concert
Remember how I mentioned how surprisingly different the makeup is on these two in my last post? Yeah, well now you can see it.

Concert's upper lip is much bigger then Everyday's and I think it looks better. She also has much less drastic eye makeup, it's barely noticeable.

I also noticed the skin on Concert's was more Stella's color while Everyday's was more the normal Bloom color.

Which of the Bloom faces is your favorite? I think mine is Enchantix.

Believix vs Everyday
I don't own Concert so I can't count her in here-- and Enchantix has the same makeup as Believix, while Charmix has the same as Everyday.

Believix has the lower layer of her eyemakeup a nice yellow and the upper layer a muted pink. Both dolls' lips are the same red.

Believix's eyes are noticeably wider and bigger then Everyday's. She also has more eyelashes. The eyebrows are also shaped differently-- they're slightly longer and getting more into the face on Believix, while on Everyday they're almost more pushed off to the side.

I prefer Everyday's face-- Believix's looks odd to me somehow.

Enchantix vs Everyday
Flora's faces actually interest me a whole lot. They vary between dolls a lot.

Obviously Enchantix's eyes are wider and bigger then Everyday's-- and her makeup is really purple, while on Everyday it's more of a pink. On Charmix it's the same purple-y tone though, but with slightly larger eyes of Everyday's and the rest the same. Sorry I didn't take a picture of that.

The lips are shaped pretty similarly. They both have the fish lips thing I mentioned earlier with Bloom.

Believix vs Enchantix
This is actually what I think is the most interesting face comparison of the entire brand.

When I was out buying Believix, one of the dolls had the face I bought and the other had the face on the right, the Enchantix face.

At the time I thought it was just a fluke, and that the other one was simply a misprint. Little did I know, that mine might be the misprint!

The first few boxes of Believix that I ever saw at ToysRUs all had Floras that looked like mine, but after the time I had seen the second face, all boxes came with the second face. Now Harmonix Floras are coming with that face as well-- it's the new standard, it looks like.

The original has a much softer look for her, her eyes are bigger, and the white of her eyes aren't as bright. It's mainly in the eyes that they differ, the rest is generally the same, apart from the fact that the new one's skin seems a bit more orange, but I think that's just a fluke with my Enchantix one.

Personally I much prefer the original face that they replaced. I wish they had kept it. If you have Believix, which face does yours have?

Believix vs Concert
I didn't include Everyday because it and Concert have the same face.

I really like both these faces on Musa. Believix has extremely light makeup overall, eyes lips and everything-- it's a metallic super light pastel pinkish purple color all over. Her eye makeup is slightly more purple then her lips though.

Concert has significantly smaller eyes. Believix's are a lot taller too, and less wide. Believix's lips are a bit bigger and so are her eyelids.

Same thing with having more eyelashes, and the eyebrow thing with Stella.

I prefer Concert.

Everyday vs Believix

Tecna's faces are actually surprisingly pretty different.

The eyes on Everyday and Believix are shaped differently-- while Everyday goes up at the ends, Believix doesn't.

Believix has much less makeup, which is odd since it's usually the other way around. She also has much more purple-y lips, and her lips are slightly bigger and rounder.

Their eyes are the same color, but they have the same Stella eyebrow thing going on. Everyday's eyes are much more perky and Believix's are more round and sleepy.

I prefer Everyday.

Everyday vs Believix
Aisha's faces are really a hit and miss a lot of the time.

Believix's eyes are wider, which is a surprise considering usually with the exception of Stella the budget lines' eyes are wider then the Deluxe. The shape of Believix's eyes is pretty different, the ends go down more then Everyday's, The eyelids are bigger and more noticeable too, and the eyebrows are a darker color.

Her makeup is a lot brighter. Her lips are a nice purple-y color I really like and her eyeshadow is like a lot lighter and slightly pinker version of it. Everyday has more of a classic pink which I don't think looks very good on her.

Everyday's makeup is extremely faint-- you can barely see it on the eyes. I think this face would be a lot better if it wasn't for those two big locks of hair being pulled back away from it. Looking at City Style they did improve it a lot though.

I prefer the Believix one.

How about you guys? What face is your favorite for each girl?

Thanks for reading, and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I never noticed they had that many differences in the faces before!
    And I'd have to say my favorite one would be the Believix face. It's very elegant and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Me it's
    Bloom: Believix
    Stella: Harmonix (lol am I allowed to chose this one?)
    Flora: Enchantix
    Musa: Both are equally as good and bad lol
    Tecna: Everyday
    Aisha: Believix!I love her deluxe face :)

    ReplyDelete