Friday, December 14, 2012

Review: Jakks Pacific: Harmonix Bloom Doll

Yep, I got her! She's SUPER cute. And I took lots of pictures, which I never do. They're still just as sucky quality, but still. Pictures, since I haven't seen anyone take any yet.

So the Harmonix line is super cute. I went to ToysRUs this morning (I waited all weekend for their stock day!) and they had all four of the line! I was one of the first customers of the day, haha.

From what I could tell in box, Bloom was my favorite, there was something odd about Stella-- I think her outfit was too much of the same color. She was my second favorite though. Flora was really cute but didn't strike me as anything special, but that might just be because I'm not a very big Flora fan. Aisha was super cute too but not as fab as Bloom or Stella.

But of course, as you can tell, I chose Bloom. Mainly because I consistently buy her first out of every line I get. I probably won't be getting another Harmonix doll until January since I spent all my money (and a little bit of my parents'-- I'm in debt now.) on Christmas presents, and won't have more until then. But I'm happy with Bloom! Anyway, let's get started with the review.

HAAAARRMOOOONIIIXXX
This is my bby Bloom. She is the cutest little Winx dolly I own up to date, I've decided. I adore this line. Just. Everything. She's overall super fab and she'll stand on a Monster High stand. 

Now! Starting toe to head!
So her shoes are basically much bigger versions of the Enchantix/Sophix shoes. They're heels just like most all their shoes and they go pretty high up off the ground, it looks sweet. I really love it.

Her train is made out of this amazing material which I think I've had a dress made out of in the past?? It looks nothing like the cheap material used in the stock pictures, it's REALLY nice and soft and gorgeous and shimmery. Her train also obviously goes a bit below her feet, so right now she's standing on it to save me some trouble of rearranging this doll for every single photo I take.

There's really nothing else that comes before her train/shoes and dress, so already onto it.
So her skirt is like Believix Stella's almost? But ten times BETTER. The actual fabric underneath is blue unlike Stella's where it's just white when it should be pink, and there are several layers of this gorgeous stiff tulle that I'm sure has a name but I can't remember it.

She has this pink belt which looks like Morphix, and it has little hearts and stars on it. I wonder if there are different versions of it? I know every girl has it, but hearts and stars only make sense for Bloom and Stella.

"Fire Blade!"
Her shirt is one of my favorite parts of the doll. The light blue main part of it is kinda stiff, but it has these cute sparkles on it. The pink part is pretty much like Believix Musa's pants, the only disappointing part about it is that it's a half-print, meaning it's only like this on the front. On the back it's all the light blue.

She also has that ruffle cerulean blue part, which is the light blue with a ruffle sewn on. It looks super cute, but is also a half-print.

I wouldn't say this is the most accurate-- the colors have been switched around from the show. Pretty much everything white has been turned cerulean blue.

Look, her wings look like stained glass!
The caption pretty much says it all. Put her in front of a window on a table or something and you'll see just how perfectly Jakks does wings. This is amazing. All the colors, tints, sparkles... it's genius design.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!"
Oh Harmonix. This is the longest hair on a doll that wasn't made as either Rapunzel, or to be based off Rapunzel's long hair I have ever seen in my life. It actually looks a bit better in pictures than it does in person. In person the last couple inches are ratty, so don't brush it. 

In case you didn't hear me the first time. Don't brush it. And don't ignore what I'm saying. Brushing it will most likely create the Rapunzel-esque version of Believix Bloom's hair and YOU SHOULD REMEMBER THAT AWFUL EXPERIENCE.

I imagine cutting off the last couple inches would make it look better though, oo I might try that. I really wanna see someone straighten it... it would be WAY long. It's already down to about halfway between her knees and ankles-- it'd get probably past her feet with straightening. I don't have the guts though since all I know how to do is boiling water and I'm not sure how well that would work.

Princess Bloom, to the rescue!
She has THE cutest little crown. Not much else to say about it other then that it's adorbs, and it's shaped perfectly. It has a little seashell on the front and it's this gel looking pearly blue.


I tried comparing the makeup on it and Believix/Enchantix, but obviously the pictures didn't come out very well. Basically Harmonix's makeup IS different-- it's a lot more shimmery and more pink, and her eye makeup has a tinge of purple that original Bloom's completely pink eye makeup didn't have at all. Harmonix is on the left and Believix/Enchantix on the right, if it wasn't obvious.

Bloom Magical Membership Card #2!
This is her Magical Membership card. It doesn't "transform" like the other one, and it seems to be a lot lower quality. I wonder if the Sirenix ones will transform or not? Anyway, on this one it feels like it's made out of cardboard. Glossy cardboard.

It's fine though, since I honestly don't think the Magical Membership cards were anyone's favorite part of the dolls anyway.

"What do you need, Princess Bloom?"
 Her brush doubles as a Sirenix box. I wish they had painted theirs like Simba did, but honestly it doesn't really matter since Jakks beat Simba's Harmonix dolls on a million other levels instead.

On the inside is a molded Sirenix guardian. You can't really see it in my pictures, but the head and torso is on the top part of the star and the tail is on the bottom part. Very cute. It opens and closes, and the bottom side of it is a brush.

"We need help managing our long, ratty hair!"
And look, she can even hold it! Just like in the show where she's talking to it. It's a little large-- it's the same size as her head. That thing would be a pain to hold if it was really that big.

Overall? In comparison to the old dolls, I'd rate her a 10/10-- but in comparison to normal dolls, I'd give her about a 9/10. Super cute! The only complaints I have are the color changes they pulled on a couple parts of the outfit, but it's really nothing. I love this doll, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to buy some new Winx Club dolls. I'd say the only major factor that I could see stopping some people from buying it is the hair, but if you really like the rest of her straightening shouldn't be that hard.

Thanks for reading! What do you think of this doll? Leave you opinion in the comments!

Also. Any advice on some new stuff I could post? With episode reviews not being an option anymore (unless people want me to do reviews of old episodes) I'm down to news and doll reviews. I definitely need another thing I can post all the time. Any suggestions?

PS: My heart goes out to all the families involved in the Connecticut shooting this morning. It's absolutely awful that this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment