Thursday, November 29, 2012

Review: Jakks Pacific: Concert Musa Doll

I've actually had Concert Musa for a long time but I never realized I hadn't done a review on her. Kinda sad. So here you go, you get one!

Concert Musa is really nice. Quality, prettiness, everything. I adore her. This coming from someone who is debating not buying most the Concert line at all because I didn't like that they made a band in Season 4.

So to start off, we'll go toe-to-head. Because that's the more exciting way.

Her boots. I looove her boots. (they also fit Monster High pretty well, for anyone wondering about that.) They're this nice navy color and they have little buckle detailing. Sure it's not painted, but you get my point. It's still just as fabulous. 

Then her tights aren't as neon blue as they are in the stock picture, but that's probably a good thing. They're a nice material and they somehow manage not to ride up or down. It's like, a small dolly miracle. (so keeping that phrase and using it from now on.

Her skirt is super cute and also manages not to ride up or down. Once again, we have a small dolly miracle on our hands. I love the pattern they used for it and the material feels fantastic. The belt isn't that special, since only two different belts were used in the line-- three girls shared one, but it's nice. 

Her shirt and jacket are connected, which I've seen a lot of people get REALLY upset over. I honestly don't mind though. It's fine. The shirt is nice and striped, shows off her belly-button and the jacket is more pink than red in person. It's a pretty nice material too but-- uh oh. 

Uh oh uh oh. It stains.

Yeah, I discovered that a few days ago. That's actually what motivated me to do the review. There's serious staining on her arms from it. I don't really mind since I plan to keep her in this outfit but I know it could be a big deal for people that like to change outfits. If any of you have her, does yours' have staining? 

I had originally uploaded this photo without the big black bar on Musa's torso, but I figured some people might be offended if I did. Even though it's a doll. So here you go, black bar included.

That's what it looks like. It seems to be worst at the shoulder like the picture I took, but it's all over the arms as well. I suggest a long sleeved sweater, Musa baby.

Looking past the staining, the coat is cute. It has two navy strips on it and that looks nice.

She also has a cute little grey necklace. It's not the most fabulous necklace I've ever seen but it does the job, wouldn't you say so?

THE FACE ON THIs DOLL... I love it I love it!! It looks just like Old Musa, from Seasons 1 and 2! That means for anyone wanting to make Charmix customs... this is your girl. <3 She has this cute pink lipstick and the cutest little eyes I have ever seen gah Musa I love you.

Do you see the adorable-ness that is this doll's face? And how bad my cell phone pictures come out?

Her eyes somehow look green in this picture but her eyes look nothing like green in real life. Really they're like this awesome midnight blue. And her lips are a bit darker in person, and more shimmery. I love the shimmery lipstick on this girl.

She also has these cute silver stud earrings on that are totally cute and like the necklace-- while they're not superfab, they do the job.

The hair on this doll is supercute too. Her bangs are perfect in every way-- they're straight, hang down perfectly, all that cute doll bangs stuff you can imagine.

Her pigtails hang down perfectly too. Also have I mentioned I love the color Jakks uses for Musa's hair? It's this gorgeous midnight blue that is totally Musa an totally superfab.

Wow, the lighting in this picture is completely different from the rest! But isn't Musa amazing?

So overall I'd rate this doll about a 6.9 out of 10. I love her, I really do... (as you can tell), but the staining all over her arms really breaks it for me. She's still amazing and I'll still keep loving her forever, but the staining... eh. I could live without it.

Thanks for reading! I plan to include pictures like this in all my doll reviews from now on, so keep an eye out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment