Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Review: Jakks Pacific: Everyday Tecna Doll

Yes I got her Yes she's mine. <3 <3 <3 It's about time.

So as all of you that have read my last few posts know I wanted this doll so badly. I'd go hunting to like seven stores in a day like nobody's business and still not find her. This doll cost me like three times as much as she is in gas.

But I finally found her. I called up a store and they checked like five different big wrapped boxes in the back and then they found her and now she's mine!! So here's the review. Day 2 of my post all week.

So this Tecna is great in every way. But I am kind of biased so uh. I'll try to give a fair review.

The material on her shirt and skirt are the same as that gross material on Flora's skirt and Charmix Bloom's entire outfit. But it works better on Tecna because the design of this outfit isn't supposed to be practical. It's a nice color, a bit lighter and less saturated then it is in the stock picture. I like those dark whatever you call them that they end with the dark purple. I'm not even going to try going into what to call them who knows. But they're cool and look great anyway. I just wish she had one on the top of her skirt too.

She has the cutest little earrings that are actually a bit bigger then they look in the stock picture. They're like big pearly studs and they're perfect. That bracelet that you see in the stock picture is actually three watches. I don't know who has gel watches, but I'm sure it's a thing. You can take them off if you don't like them anyway.

Her tights are a nice color-- much more purple-y white then in the stock picture. They're much lighter too. My only complaint is that they tend to bunch up unless you tuck them deep into her boots. I don't see why they couldn't have just done full tights that go over her feet but eh, it is a budget doll. And you can keep it from doing that if you tuck it in enough.

Her shoes are probably the last accurate part of the doll... haha. I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they decided hot pink, gel, shin-high strappy heels would be the best choice. They look fine on the doll, but they DO NOT look anything like the show whatsoever.

The hair on this doll is her usual bob, which I hope they change up for Harmonix. It's the nice purple color she usually has, though she doesn't have the streaks she has in Believix, and I wish she did. I actually cut it to be how it is in the show though. :P Looks much cuter now.

The face on this doll is the best part. I LOVE the budget Tecna face even more then the Believix one. It's like the Believix one but 10x better. She has that usual hot pink lipstick the Everyday dolls have, but she has like NO eyeshadow except this really light pink stuff. Her eyes are such a dark blue too it's gorgeous and beautiful. Double eyelashes as well. She has brown eyebrows which is kinda odd but I mean really Tecna's hair is probably a dye job anyway.

Overall I'd rate this doll an 8.7 or so out of 10. I adore her and she's almost perfect... but there are just a few little things that don't work like her shoes.

Tomorrow I'll be doing a review of Believix as a transformation. Not the dolls (I've already done that) but the actual designs/powers and my opinion on them. Be sure to check back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment