Sunday, August 19, 2012

Review: The New Transformations

Now, by this time I'm sure all of you have seen the new transformations, Harmonix and Sirenix.
So I thought I'd share my thoughts on them as the first real post of the blog!

Let's start with Harmonix.
My thoughts on Harmonix? Absolutely gorgeous! The flowy trains, ribbon sandals and hair tied back like that make for a wonderful combination. I'd say it's one of their prettiest transformations yet.
But remember, I said prettiest.
These outfits may be absolutely gorgeous, but they look like they'd be horrible to fight in. My goodness, can you imagine fighting with a long train like that trailing you everywhere you move as you try to dodge attacks and throw some of your own? Those heels look pretty uncomfortable too, but most Winx heels do so they get a pass. But to me it just seems like it'd be horrible to try to fight in.
Aside from that, the wings look wonderful too. The colors look really nice with the outfit and I'm glad we're moving away from the gigantic wings, since they were getting a little large.
Just a little.

Overall, I'd give this transformation a 7 out of 10. It's gorgeous, but it looks like it'd be a living nightmare to fight in. You'd be tripping all over the place.

Now for Sirenix.
(I don't want to post any pics from the leak, so we'll have to go without a picture for this one.)
Personally I think Sirenix has a bit of an odd design, mainly in the tights. They're connected to the boots and have one of the most outrageous patterns I've ever seen.
But they do have a certain charm to them, don't they?
I love the pony tails they all have and the sparkles look gorgeous in CGI. The cuts on each of the dresses is a nice touch too, since each girl has it in a different place.
They also look MUCH easier to fight in then Harmonix. They actually look convenient to fight in. With their hair tied back, no extra fabric getting in your way, it all being skin tight, and the boots make it much more battle ready.

Overall, I'd give this transformation a 8.5 or so out of 10. It doesn't have quite the beauty that Harmonix has, but it would work much better for what it's purpose is-- fighting.

So what are your thoughts on the new transformations? Which one do you like better, and what are your thoughts on each one? Feel free to share your opinions in the comments! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment