Sunday, August 26, 2012

Review: Season 5: Episode 1, The Lilo *SPOILERS*

I am soooo happy right now! Here's a head to toe review of my opinions, thoughts and everything else. :)

The theme song! OMG, I'm so glad they didn't use We Are Believix. Yes, it's a cute song, but it would not have worked for the Season 5 theme song. Siamo Winx is so much better, and did you guys SEE that 2D Sirenix?!! I am sooo loving it!!!
The Girl Power thing in the theme song was a little lame, but it still works really well. Loooove!

Alright, time for the episode.

I loove Mitzi's little sister. Cutest little girl ever! I loved when she threw the plant too, that was great. Her "Oooh Winx!" thing was little cheesy, but I don't mind. She is a little girl after all, right?

The Trix are better then ever now that they're back! They've gotten much more aggressive and violent.

Mitzi is SO awesome. When her little sister was being chased she went and got her scooter to help get her out of there, whether she agrees with her or not. I love how determined she was to get to the Community Garden too, that was sweet. She may not agree with her little sister about some of this stuff, but she knows she has to help her and keep her safe.

A little 'blaaah' about the Winx's behavior so far, tired of all the spells being sparkles and Bloom being cheesy as the moon, but besides they seem to be nice. I wish they'd add a bit more depth to their personalities though, that was something Season 4 was lacking as well. 

That part at the end where they flew down the rainbow? That.. was cheesy, but it was cute. I feel like it would've gone better elsewhere though, like at the end of Season 4. It was kinda weird to see it just at the end of the first episode.

I do hope we get to see them in Magix though, it was kind of lame how as soon as they got there they left and went back to Earth. :( Oh well, I'm sure they'll return soon enough.

Overall? loved it! It was great. :) There were a few things I didn't like, but they were minor things that I doubt will be a problem in later episodes.

What did you think of the first episode? Discuss in the comments! 

Edit: Screencaps added!

No comments:

Post a Comment