Monday, August 20, 2012

Review: Jakks Pacific Believix Dolls

My second real post on the blog, woohoo!
Today I'm going to do a review on the Jakks Pacific Believix dolls. I recently completed the set so I have them all to supply info about!
Let's start with Bloom, since she's the main character.

Bloom is overall a pretty nice doll. Her face is gorgeous, and her wings are pretty nice too. The outfit isn't the highest quality, but this doll is aimed at a pretty young audience, so I wasn't expecting much better quality clothing then what it is. Right? I mean, small children don't really care what fabric it is. So it gets a pass.
Her shoes don't come off if you leave the rubber bands it comes with on on. And if you don't, they don't fall off much anyway. Just occasionally.  I really like the socks, they're sparkly and pink. Perfect for a Believix Bloom, haha.
My biggest complain is probably the hair. I can't stress this enough, do NOT brush it. If you brush it, it will turn into an angry monster that eats everything in sight and will never be tamed.
Jokes aside, it gets pretty nasty if you brush it. It starts frizzing out and  gets really ratty.
I also don't really like the fact she has no bangs or anything considering she had them in the show, but whatever. It's a children's doll.
If you do try to cut your own bangs for her though, keep in mind that it's pretty hard. I tried myself and while they look more accurate then before they turned our pretty short because the hair that I cut (the two curly pieces in the front) pops up whenever you cut it. So cut it on the long side. 
I'd give 'er about a 7 or so out of 10 keeping in mind what the audience is. I'm sure little girls will love it, but collectors will have some problems.

Time for Stella.

Stella is probably my least favorite of them, but she's still not a bad doll. There's just a lot of things that don't work for me.
First, see that pink frilly part? It doesn't look quite as nice in person. Underneath it is a white skirt that is pretty much just a piece of cloth sewed in the shape of a skirt. It doesn't look nice.
Her hair has a bit of problems too. It's rooted really weirdly near the top and has a few bald spots. Bits of the straight part in the back are kinda wiry but not too bad, it could just be mine on that.
Her wings are my favorite of any of them, though. They have so many bright colors that they just look absolutely gorgeous. She gets points for that.

Overall, I'd give her about a 6 out of 10. Not the best of the line but not bad.

Flora is next.


Surprisingly enough, Flora is actually my favorite of the line. She has the same hair problems as Bloom, in the way that if you brush it it will turn into a giant man eating monster, but if you don't it looks pretty nice.
Her clothing is probably the best of the line. She has the nice socks (you know, the ones that aren't the shiny stiff ones) and it just looks nice. You don't have to do anything to keep it nice either, it just.. stays nice. I wouldn't recommend her for rough play thouogh, some stuff might go wrong with that.
She also gets points for extra pretty show accurate face, the stock picture doesn't show it as much but in the picture she kinda has sleepy eyes which look adorable on her. Those little things at the top of her hair look a lot nicer in person as well.

I'd give her about a 7.5 out of 10. Her hair is still a ratty monster if you brush it but as long as you don't mess with her she should stay looking pretty nice.


Musa now!
I like this Musa doll. She's very.. Musa. Her hair was done well and doesn't have the rooting problems Stella has, and her wings are some of the nicest as well.
Her outfit uses a different material from the others. The others all use that shiny material, but she uses a more shimmery material. I personally prefer this material because it's less stiff but either works.
I love her face, the only thing I'd say could be done better is her makeup. The super light pink lipstick she has in person looks a little weird, but it still looks fine. She's probably my second favorite. I loe that little piece of fabric off the side of her fabric belt too, it adds a nice touch and I'm glad they included it. It looks really nice with the rest of the doll and if they hadn't put it there it wouldn't look as complete.

I'd give her about a 7 out of 10. Not quite as nice as Flora, but still a very nice doll.

Time for Tecna.


Tecna isn't my favorite, but I'd say she was done better then most of the girls. She has the prettiest face out of them all, it has almost no eye makeup and her haircut is cute and practical. They did it a bit shorter then it is in the show, but it still looks good.
I like the style of her outfit, it's called a romper if I remember right? (that  word always bothered me, oh well.)
She has that shimmery material Musa has on her fabric belt. It's a nice touch.
My only complaints are that for one, her wings constantly fall back unless you tape the back of them. The other girls have long hair to keep them from falling backwards but Tecna doesn't so they fall a lot of the time. That and her shorts constantly are giving her a horribly painful looking wedgie unless you straighten them out and don't sit her down.

Overall she gets about a 7.5. She's one of the nicest.

Last but not least, Aisha.

I'm a little half an half on Aisha. Her face and hair are probably the best out of any of them but her outfit is really lacking. It it mostly that shiny material with nothing else but the occasional green frill.
Her wings have nice colors though and the design on them is nice. It's just the outfit doesn't have much to it. It's really simple. It looks nicer next to the other girls, but when you have her alone or with one other it doesn't look as good.
Her face and hair though are the best. He hair is curled perfectly (so don't try to brush it) and it looks just like the show. In person her face looks pretty close to the show too. I'd say doll alone not including outfit she's the best, but when you tack on outfit she gets moved down a bit. She's still a nice doll and she's still worth the money, but I'd say her outfit is my least favorite out of the girls.

Overall I probably give her about a 6.5. Not too bad, but not the best.

How I feel about this line as a whole is simple. They're really nice dolls and great for Winx fans of all ages, but the clothing isn't the best.
A few complaints I have about the line in general is that for one, they ship them horribly. They ship 3 Bloom, 1 Stella, 1 Flora and 1 random either Aisha/Tecna/Musa from what I've seen. It makes it a pain in the neck to get your hands on any of them but Bloom, Stella or Flora. And that means it's a pain to get your hands on half of them.
There's also a slight problem with the knees on some of them. I'm thinking it's just the early ones because only my Bloom has it and I got her when they first sent them to ToysRUs back in June, but they bend too far forward. Not so far it's really unnatural, but they bend back so that it makes it hard to get them to stay in a natural position.

Man, this review was a little long. Oh well. I might post something else short today, but here's a big long thing. :P

So what are your thought on these new Jakks Pacific dolls? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment