Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Best Friends?


Sibylla here! My third real post on the blog, I'm thinking about adding some more updates to the blog or getting a co-author to write here with me.

 I was taking a look at some of the stuff on ToysRUs Canada's Winx section and where it has bios for the girls it has best friends listed.
For Bloom, it has Stella listed. For Stella, it has Bloom listed.
For Musa, it has Tecna listed. For Tecna, it has Musa listed.
And for Flora, it has... Aisha listed?
Yeah, that's right. Aisha.

Bloom and Stella makes sense to me. Stella introduced Bloom to the world of fairies, and they mean a lot to each other. Bloom keeps Stella from being too over the top and Stella keeps Bloom from being too serious. Their characters go nicely together, and they make a great pair of friends. So it makes sense they're listed as best friends, right?

Musa and Tecna I don't think are quite as close, but they were roommates for a few years and that gives them a connection, whether it be as strong as Bloom and Stella's or not. I imagine their friendship is really behind the scenes, they don't show it too much on the show because neither of them are the main character and neither get lots of screen time, but it seems like they'd be pretty close considering they shared a room. 

But Aisha and Flora? 
It doesn't make much sense to me. I'm a fan of both of them, trust me, but they don't seem like bffs or anything. Musa would make more sense then her. At least her and Musa were fairly close in Season 2. I could even handle Stella, I mean Stella did come after her in the Charmix episodes when she ran off thinking she hurt Musa. 
But... Flora?
Off the top of my head I can't think of anytime they even did anything together without the Winx besides when Flora tried to cure the flower in Pixie Village. They seem like friends, but no better friends then let's say, Musa and Bloom. It seems like they paired them together because they were the remaining two.

Oh well. I doubt the bios on ToysRUs Canada have much significance anyway, I just thought it was odd how they put them down for best friends. They don't strike me as super close friends.

What are your thoughts on the pairs? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment