Monday, February 11, 2013

TimeToPlay Shows Sirenix Prototypes at Toy Fair

Eek!! Super amazing, and just when I started to lose hope of them being at Toy Fair, here they are!! <3 Love you, Jakks!

Credit to Sirenixprime29 on believeinwinx forummotion for getting this out first! http://believeinwinx.forum-motion.com/t1571-sirenix-prototypes-at-toyfair-2013 We're all discussing it there, so feel free to sign up and join us!

So let's check this out.


Okay, whoa... only a minute showing off Winx? Seriously? Hopefully IdleHands or AtamaiiToys will go back later and take some more pictures.

So let's see what we have...

These are interesting. I'm a little disappointed they did molded on tops but I'm kinda doubting that this is the mainline anyway. Seems to me like if they were doing a mainline they'd use the normal haircolors. The skirts look a little cheap but eh, it works.

Another thing that makes me think this isn't the mainline is the fact they only showed off Bloom, Stella and Musa. They would be showing off everyone if this was the mainline. But this is a nice sideline-- I wonder if it'll be color change hair or anything. Their wings are also unusually small and you know Jakks loves to go all out on big wings.

I'll bet that this is a color change line.

And a light-up Bloom doll! That also plays the Sirenix song-- I'll definitely be picking this up. I didn't like the transforming Believix doll because it looked too clunky but this is perfect, not clunky at all. 

The wings are also a normal size! I'm loving this.

And then one final screencap to show off everything together. 

So what do you guys think?! Personally I'm loving what we're seeing, and I'm so eager to see a mainline and the rest of the girls. And if that weird haircolors line isn't the mainline like I'm guessing-- it's not Bloom, Stella, Flora, it's Bloom, Stella, Musa, how exciting!!! :) 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sibylla, so impatient =D

    The light up doll plays the sirenix song? Didn't know that... Now I realllly want to buy it. I hope they don't change it too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so impatient.. sorry, but dolls are like, my favorite thing! I own over 200! I couldn't wait, don't blame me! (even if only like, 40 Winx..)

      Yeah, I heard it playing when they pressed the button. It definitely plays that song. I doubt they'll change it very much at all, it looks like the most finished product shown here.

      Delete
  2. i think that the sirenix dolls, minus bloom, are a sort of bath-time thing. Like the hair changes color or something in water. disney did the same things with the princesses and they had molded tops and flimsy skirts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I like that idea! It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did that. Good thinking! :)

      Delete
    2. I knew that was probably the only reason why they had them change colors in the Infinite Ocean: for toys. The color-changing bathtime toys are a very popular and common concept; I recall having a Barbie mermaid doll when I was little that was just like that. So that's probably what they are, since I've been suspecting they would do that.

      Delete