Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Season 5, Episode 15: The Pillar of Light

Today's episode.. was probably my favorite of Season 5 so far. I'm usually not too big on this season, but this was really enjoyable. Let's get started! (Sorry for the review being a day late.)

We start off with Icy and Tritannus and all that group doing their usual nothing. Tritannus sits on the throne and complains some more then realizes that the legs on it are broken. Woops. I couldn't tell.

He decides he needs the Pillars of Light, Control, and Balance. One of those does not fit in. But hey, whatever.

Now we flash to where we were in earlier this week's preview clip! Yadayada, do all that. Those dragons come out and Bloom tells Stella to use the light of Sirenix. Why not just like, light? The light of Sirenix? Someone explain this to me.

Stella gets nervous and can't do it. We see it is the Magical Reality Chamber instead. Dang it, that wasn't the Pillar of Light! I was wrong.

We come out and everyone's disappointed in Stella. I don't blame them... but I don't blame Stella either. You know what I mean?

We see Bloom and Stella's friendship for a sec. Have I mentioned I really love their friendship? Stella's kinda a brat but they get each other and stuff.

We head back to our dorms and I think Tritannus then went and attacked the Pillar of Light. Some selkies were there guarding it and they all sounded like men. I don't know why. The Pillar of Light is really pretty though! So I put a picture of it.

Meanwhile Aisha is being given the sword of King Neptune which you BETTER USE, Aisha. It's cool keep it use it whenever you can come on. Apparently this family is not mutants, just the cousin family. Okay. Don't touch these Tritannus.

I don't see how a tiny seal gem like that is going to serve as a leg to a tall chair but okay. I guess that works. Darcy and Stormy complain a bit more about their lack of a role in this quartet and I don't really blame them. Stop ignoring characters Rainbow!!

We're back to Alfea! We're all just kinda sitting their in out dorm contemplating how to not hurt Aisha's mutant cousins. We call for Stella's Sirenix Guardian (doesn't her guardian like, hate her? after she asked for opinions on fashion designs or something?) and she gives us the most useless answer ever. I don't even remember but it was some BS like let the light shine through. Then it throws sparkles everywhere which is somehow impressive. We use sparkle beams every day Winx, why is this not normal for you.

Then we realize there's no sun coming into our room! We go outside and see there's an eclipse because Tritannus took the seal off the Pillar of Light. Everyone's just kinda crowding outside to stare at it and Faragonda's out there too. Stella asks what's happening (isn't it obvious?? haven't you seen an eclipse before Stella?? wait never mind, she lives on the planet where it's always sunny there must be no eclipses there)

We flash over to Stella's kingdom! Stella's mom is looking panicked and running into the castle. Yay Stella's mom! I love her design. We head in there and King Radius is the biggest jerk ever wow. He just keeps being mean to Luna and warming himself in front of the second sun of Solaria.

He won't take her help even though she's worried about him and he keeps saying the second sun will keep him warm. Well you know what, it didn't.

Radius faints and falls on the floor and Stella's mom goes and tries to help him and yells for help. Is it just me or is Radius more jerk-y and more muscly this season? I remember him being somehow less fit and nicer. What fit mean man he is this season.

We're back at Alfea and we all decide to head over to Solaria to check things out, make sure Stella's dad's okay and stuff. We arrived and we see Stella's mom who tells Stella that her dad is sick and fell over and stuff. We all agree to go to the Infinite Ocean and I forgot to say Aisha called everyone and told them that she thought it was coming from Tritannus over there.

So we transform in.. 3d? I DONT GET THE CRITERIA FOR 3D/2D TRANSFORMATION WHY

Well we get to the infinite ocean it tries to trick me into thinking that yes, we will have our normal hair colors but nope a second later weird colors. WHY. 

The selkies come as always. Why do they just hang out in this ocean? Don't they have gates to guard? We've seen them here like twice now!

We get into a pretty average fight with Tritannus who apprently is just now finally defeating the weird selkie guards from earlier. There must've been like 500 of them if it took that long, wow man.

As we fight he sends out his mutant merzombies which alarms Aisha again. She says we can't hurt them but Stella comes in anyway and uses the light of Sirenix which apparently this experience has given her the power to do. Okay. The merzombies got pushed back and.. sucked into a vortex thing if I remember right?? What happened to them?? What? I don't get it!!!

Bloom gets ready to super attack Tritannus and lights on fire and stuff. Icy sees her starting to and jumps in front of Tritannus and takes the attack herself. Why Icy?!? You're better then that!! Come on!! Don't die for him!

Well. She floated to the ground. Did she get knocked out or die? I'm a little confused. Then again. When aren't I.

Tritannus freaks out (I guess he really does like her?) and spouts some mutant power. Then he goes over to the Pillar of Light and stabs it, making rocks fall everywhere. And oh no-- the episode ends as one's about to fall on Aisha!!

But then the next episode preview shows Stella shooting it away. What the heck, episode preview. You ruined the cliffhanger. Looks like next episode we're doing more Pillar of Light stuff and if I remember right, looking for a way to save Aisha's family and turn them back into people. 

Overall I really liked this episode.. even if it doesn't seem like it. Sorry if my review was kinda boring today. I'm tired. :P Thanks for reading! Tune in next week for the next episode!

Also, btw, I heard that for Emperor's Throne we only got .8 million views. Or was it 1.3? Not sure if either is true or not, but if it is, that's NOT stellar. We need to kick that up guys. If it keeps going at this rate Winx could be in big trouble.. so if you live in America, tune in when it airs! Please!

2 comments:

  1. I think Radius might have just been acting that way because Luna is his ex, and people aren't known to act nicely around their exes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But like.. she's acting nice around him, and in such a serious time why let your bitterness take over? Seems silly to me.

      Delete