Friday, February 22, 2013

Review: Jakks Pacific: Harmonix Aisha Doll

So yesterday I decided to drop by ToysRUs on a whim. I wasn't really expecting them to have anything since it was a while since they last restocked, but to my surprise.. they had the entire Harmonix line! Minus Musa and Tecna, of course. 

So I happily got Aisha, and I think I might go back and get Flora sometime this weekend. Reviewing these Harmonix dolls is getting a little hard though-- they all have such similar outfits, it's a challenge to think of unique things to say about them each! But I'll give it my best.

(Also, sorry there's no full-body picture with this review. I did take one, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't upload it. I was able to upload the rest though!)

So let's start at the shoes. They're pretty nice! The same mold as Stella and Bloom's, and they change from Morphix purple to the green color of her train. There's glitter molded into them. I don't know if it's just luck or what, but they've stayed up on her legs better then Stella and Bloom's did. Also, just noticing this mold has stars and hearts all over it. Come ooooon, let that just be for Bloom and Stella.


This is her dress! I think it's my favorite so far. Stella's was really plain and while I liked Bloom's, there was something missing. I think Aisha's is the most complete and nice looking. On her skirt there's an underlayer which I think you can see, it's a blue color, with a hint of green. On top she's got a bunch of little green... hmm, there's a word for those. Fishnet? Kind of. Not sure how to describe it, but I think you see what I mean. It's stiff and has a ton of little holes in it. And sparkles! her skirt has a whole lot of those on it.

I still don't know who decided giving all of the girls the exact same purple belt would be a great idea, but whatever. Getting a little tired of seeing it. It's... the same as it was the last two times.

The shirt has that same stiff feel that I complained about with Stella's. It's a nice pastel green, really close to the show. Have I mentioned how much I adore the way Jakks is doing the Harmonix dolls' outfits? While they're all pretty similar, they are like that in the show, and unlike Simba they're actually trying to make it look like you see in the show.

It has one little blue strip sewn on which is the same material as Musa's Believix pants. I love that material. I wish they'd use it whenever they needed anything sparkly.

It also has that one little frill that I didn't photograph very well. It seems a little inconvenient but whatever. It's a doll, not a human.


These are her wings! Personally I think they're my favorite Harmonix wings so far. Look at the colors! It's like... an unnaturally colorful ocean! And all those little oval things that who knows what are supposed to be. But they're pretty!! 

Mine's wings actually spilled the mold I think. You know those pink heart clips on the back? One runs out of the heart and onto her wing. Woops. Guess I won't be removing those wings from their slips anytime soon! Oh well. Wasn't planning on it anyway.


Okay, so to be honest, whenever I've seen this doll in pictures she's struck me as pretty lackluster. The main reason I wanted to get her is because.. well, I'm collecting almost all the Jakks dolls, and I love her in Season 5. Not because this doll seemed extra special or anything.

Boy was I wrong! She is gorgeous-- probably my favorite of the Harmonix line so far! I thought her makeup was a little overdone in pictures but in person I think it's perfect. Just look! It's a gorgeous blue that's around the shade of the blue part on her shirt. And her lipstick is a nice purple-y color!

I also love her crown. I've always loved circlets, personally more then tiaras! It's so cool to have one on a doll. If only it came with a "Circlet for you!" (No. That'd be terrible. Scratch that.)

Her hair actually isn't half bad, either! I was expecting some frizzy ratty mess. It's much nicer then that though, take a look!


It's really dark, so I'm not sure if you can see or not. If you can't, try standing up and looking at your monitor from higher up, that always makes everything lighter. But like, that giant shape? That's not frizz or rats, that's giant curls. I love it!

Not sure if you can see or not, but looking at this picture and the last one you might be able to see her hairstyle. It's really cool, and I'm not even sure how they did it. It's like they did that thing where you pull back two pieces on the sides and tie them together, but along with twisting the hair in her part and adding it in there too. It's amazing, and really cool! 

Though I definitely wouldn't recommend brushing it. Sorry, but I can already tell if you did you'd end up seeing the horror of Believix Bloom's hair. Just leave it like this and you'll be good though!

It's not the reddish brown color of the show, it's more of a natural dark, dark brown (almost black.) But I don't really mind, I think I like it better actually. It looks gorgeous with the greens of her outfit.

I  really like this doll! Overall I'd probably rate her... 9/10. The only con of these Harmonix dolls is that they're all pretty the same. Once you have one, you'll know what to expect with the other five. Their faces however are all super different, and that (at least to me) makes up for it.

What do you guys think of this doll? Do you plan to buy her? Who's your favorite of the line?

Also, if you guys didn't see, I added some more categories to the blog! Doll Reviews and Episode Reviews. So you guys can choose what you want to look through. Of course, everything will show up on the main page though. Including stuff that isn't Doll Reviews or Episode Reviews. I just did those two since they're my main things.

I also want to have one for general opinions.. kinda like What Happened, Winx Club? And The Dubs of Winx Club. What should I call that? I can't decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment