Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review: Jakks Pacific: City Fashions Stella Doll

I found her at Walgreens! And yeah, she had an $11 price tag. Lame! But I can't resist a new Stella so I uh. Came home with her anyway. And now that I have both her and Bloom I'm just missing Flora. So I need to get Flora. Woops. I just can't stop buying these dolls! 

I also got a Harmonix Flora earlier last week at TRU, but I'm gonna review her next. Didn't want to review two Harmonix dolls in a row since they're so similar. So let's get started.

Sorry for the sucky lighting on my photos. Don't know what exactly went wrong, but whatever.
This is the doll! She's kinda plain, but I really like her. Simple and cute, you know what I mean? I may customize her outfit eventually though to make it look like it does in the show. 

She has the same unarticulated body as Bloom. No knee posability or anything. Not like these dolls were super posable in the first place though, so I don't really miss it.

Remember that awful bent leg thing I had on Bloom? It's much less bad on Stella, in fact I didn't really notice it. It's still there a little bit, but not really.

Let's look at the shoes.


Her shoes are a recolor of the ones from her Speedix fashion pack, but instead of yellow, they're pink. I like them! They're kind of odd but in a stylish way. If that makes sense. It probably doesn't.

One of the heels is bent slightly though because of poor packaging. 


This is her dress! I know it's plain, but I like it. It has two clear plastic straps holding it up. I think it's close enough to the actual show to be considered accurate-- all it's missing is the stars and polka dots. The fabric's really soft too, though it looks odd in certain pictures. The pink band is only on the front, not on the back, and is a ribbon that's been sewn on. 

That little fold in her dress near her hips is almost always there, no matter how I pose her. It's a little odd looking but I don't mind it much. It's like Stella rammed into a table or something and it left a dent on her dress. (Okay, maybe that wasn't the best comparison?)

I like that it's not super short. She can sit and her underwear won't show. It goes midway down her thighs, and I know that sounds short, but that's just because Winx thighs in general are super long. Of course anything sounds short on them.


This is her hair, from the back obviously. It was cut much better than Bloom's, and I didn't have to trim it at all to get it to look this way. Bloom's was cut diagonally, it was odd. Messy factory job. But Stella's is much better!

It's super soft and sleek. A little short for a doll, but I like it. It might be nicer with some layering or something but eh, I'm okay with it how it is.


This is her face! Okay, this is the fangirl part for me. As I've mentioned many times before, I adore the faces on this line. They are the perfect Winx doll faces, and I wish they used them more! Come on Jakks, don't you love me?! I review your dolls!

It's like they smashed together Believix and Concert. She has the double-eyelashes like Concert, but the shape of her eyes is the same as Believix's (except maybe a tad shorter.) They made the perfect face! Yet they've only ever used it once! Stella's Design Studio doesn't even have it-- she has a Concert face with this makeup. It's odd. 

Her lips are much bigger and thicker than other Stella's. I love it. And her eyebrows aren't tiny little strips on her face. They're actually there.

You can also see her hairstyle from the front in this picture. It's the same as Bloom's-- but it's parted to the right, when Bloom's was parted to the left. It has two hairsprayed parts in the front that are a little shorter than the rest of her hair. 

Personally, while I really like this doll, I don't think she hits the $10.99 price she's sold at. Maybe for $8.99 she'd be good, but I think it's overpaying a bit. Then again.. it's obviously not too high priced, or else I wouldn't have bought it!

I'd rate her a 7/10 overall. It'd be lower.. but I love this face too much. But the outfit and hair bring it down to a lower score.

What do you think of her? Would you buy her? Who do you like better in the line, her or Bloom?

Also, still looking for suggestions on what to call a General Opinions section on my tabs! (See where it says Home, About Me, My Episode Reviews, and My Doll Reviews? I need something to call my General Opinions!)

And I just noticed, my blog's hit 30,000 page views! Thank you so much you guys! I never thought I'd be this successful! Really all this blog is is my complaining... but hey, I guess you guys like it! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment