Friday, March 1, 2013

JustAnotherCrazyWinxFan posts Pop Disco doll images!

Check out his post HERE! http://justanothercrazywinxfan.blogspot.com/2013/02/winx-pop-disco-dolls-and-some-fall-2013.html :)

Okay, I love it. Even though they went an odd direction with this line-- were they really trying to make it accurate? I mean, it's okay if they weren't but. Tecna and Aisha are wearing pants when they're not supposed to be.

I really like Bloom's hairstyle with it. Sleek, long, and beautiful. Her face looks a little odd in these pictures though, not sure why. I bet it'll look better when the dolls actually start showing up in stores though, because right now it looks like they used the Concert face as a base when by the time these are on shelves the City Style face (which is different!!) will be more of the base. Looks like her pants will be the same material as Concert Bloom with Stage's.

I really like this Stella. I think she might be my favorite out of the line. I definitely like her outfit the best and I'd so wear it myself. Do you know how few of the Winx outfits I can say that about??? :P A lot of people are saying her hair looks more golden than usual, and it does... but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't make it all the way to the shelves. :(

Flora looks really plain to me. I think it's partly the fault of that hairstyle. With her two front things that hairstyle doesn't work because it covers up the sides of her head and looks awkward. Kinda like she's trying to hide in her hair. I really like her shirt though and those shoes are the cutest.

Musa looks a little awkward to me but I think it's probably just the image. The colors look odd though too. On the other hand I LOVE her lighter makeup-- it's like the Believix makeup but on the budget faceprint! Though I'm not fond of those tights. Her hairstyle looks really cute too from what we can see-- it's not a bun, you can see some hair peeking out behind the wing. It's an oddly styled ponytail.

Tecna is such a cutie! She's competing with Stella for the spot as my favorite. Okay, I love the material used on her shirt. Why can't Winx use that whenever they want something shiny?! (cough cough, Believix plz). I also really love her hairstyle. They kept it short while still managing to curl it. (cough cough, Harmonix plz). Too cute.

As much as I love Aisha as a character, she's probably my least favorite of the line. I adored the design from the art and show, but this... isn't it. She needs her big tall socks and shorts! Come on Jakks, don't your love me?! (how often do I say that? I'm starting to think Jakks doesn't love me.) I do love how they did the hair though, it looks like two puffy afros. :P

Overall, to be honest I'm so gonna buy all of these. And for a $12.99 pricetag? Score! I might end up having to customize a couple though. (looking at you, Aisha.)

What do you guys think? Will you buy the line? If so, who out of it? Who's your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Stella and Tecna are probably the two that I'm going to have to buy. I love how this line is so much more detailed compared to the last budget line!

    However, I think part of the problem with Flora dolls is that the hair is too blonde and blends into her darker skin. If they would make it a nice light brown instead, like on the show, they'd look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Ever since the S5 wave started they seem to have gotten a bigger budget to work with and we've been getting a whole lot nicer dolls, especially in the budget lines. :D

      Yeah, seems like Flora's hair needs to be dyed down a few shades. It'd be interesting to see someone do a photomanip of that.

      Delete