Thursday, March 14, 2013

Review: IcyxTritannus

Our little Icy has finally grown up and fallen in love, this time for real. And now I'm gonna share my thoughts on the relationship. Sorry this post isn't very organized-- it's mostly a ramble of my different thoughts loosely tied together into a post.

"Hey, how come we don't get any real moments?!" 

So, an evil ice witch and a evil mutant fishman. Obviously the cutest couple. Riiiight?

To be honest, I really don't mind the concept. Icy finally getting a boyfriend, and no more of that stupid three Trix competing for one man that really doesn't want any of them junk we got with both Darkar and Valtor.

But the execution is... less than stellar. Up until The Eclipse, there was no real love shown and you couldn't tell if it was simply her manipulating him or what.  

I don't know about you guys, but I've always thought that if Icy were to get into a relationship she would be the dominant one. I can't see her bowing down to any guy, no matter how much she liked him if there's no benefit in it for her.

But it's also so hard to tell her true feelings for Tritannus... I guess her taking the hit for him in The Eclipse was the proof that she really did love him, but up until then all we got was "I will rule! And you'll be my empress!" "Oooooh, Tritannus!" and Darcy and Stormy puking their guts out over it. Winx writers, if you're gonna make a couple, how about like, develop it? Please?

This is the face of a loving boyfriend.
Moving past the first half, since nothing else happened to them in it, I'm actually starting to warm up to the pairing. Well, starting in Faraway Reflections. (that was the name of the episode, right? I've blanked out! Can't remember!) Though I must say Icy is oddly devoted to a man that she met around fourteen episodes ago, and has had no real moments with.

The one thing that doesn't make sense to me though... is why would she ignore Darcy and Stormy's warning that Daphne gave? Does she not want her boyfriend to like.. live? Shouldn't she take this seriously for the sake of his life?

Maybe she thinks he really knows what he's doing... but she shouldn't, honestly. Isn't she picking up any clues? How when he stuck the seal in, he was completely and utterly drained? Doesn't that send signals of I dunno.. "wow, he doesn't really know what he's doing." Or is she just one of those girls that thinks everything he does is amazing because HE did it?

Icy... realize the situation and team up with your sisters to save your lives. You can go back to your goal of ruling the world afterward if you'd like. Maybe before he activates it she'll realize.

The other thing that really gets me about the relationship is the fact that she's treating her sisters like dirt-- she honestly wouldn't mind them straight out leaving. Weren't they together since Season 1? That's five years, and most likely more since I'm assumning they knew each other before Season 1. And no I'm not counting them as blood sisters, I'm thinking sisters like cheetah sisters. ;) (You guys remember that movie right?!)

But anyway. You can't just drop the girls you've been bffs with for so many years for a guy. You even formed one being with them once come on. You can't forget that. That has to be a cherished memory.

I also can't believe she took that hit for him. Icy seems like the kind of girl that would put herself before others, even if they're her loved ones. She barely knew Tritannus... strikes me as teenage love, yet again. I just wonder if it's gonna last or not.

My guess is if it does? If Tritannus is killed, she's going to die with him, and if it doesn't, she'll ditch him like she did Valtor. 

What do you guys think of the happy couple?

5 comments:

  1. I'm kind of hoping the two don't try to kiss when Tritannus is in mutant form. Not that I have anything against that, but...isn't Tritannus's mouth about as big as Icy's face when he's in that form? How would THAT work?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my..! I always cringe when I see him grab her hand. His is like 10x bigger. It could fit around her waist! Def don't wanna see them kiss haha.

      Delete
    2. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Icy. I was trying to kiss you, not eat your face."

      Delete
  2. I hope there's no PDA... I hate IcyxTrittanus (so awkward) though it is still a better couple then BellaxEdward *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want them to get married and have beautiful merchildren and nothing you can say will stop me.

    ReplyDelete