Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Jakks Pacific: Pink Enchantix Bloom Doll

Sorry I've been so inactive lately guys. I'm pathetic. @__@ I'll try to do better!

SO, I finally got Pink Bloom. That took a while. I ended up having to get her online. Oh well; at least I have her! I really love her, too. Let's get started!
Let's go Enchantix! 
I'm sorry my photos look so horrible this time. I truthfully have no idea what in the world happened. As usual, let's start with the toes and head up!


Her shoes are the same as the Jakks Enchantix and Sophix ones, but instead of blue, green, or orange, they're black. Personally I think it looks pretty cute. They're not clear like the other ones either.

Underneath she has socks. I really don't know how high they're supposed to go. Since I can't get mine up past her knees... not because they're too small, but the dang knee joint is too big. :T Whatever. I'm guessing to her knees anyway.

It's really unfashionable to wear socks with sandals but I think Bloom pulls it off. I like how high these socks are. They're even higher than Believix Flora's.

Next up is her skirt. That thing is detailed, man. It has three layers. None of them are completely full though. The bottom layer is pink, and the material of um... how do I describe it? Those green frilly parts on the Aisha Believix doll. What's that material called? Is it tulle? I think it's tulle but it's a weird kind of tulle. 

Anyway. The bottom layer is pink and a little sparkly. Then the next layer up is a nice duller pink, with tons of around that color pink sparkles coated on the bottom part of it. Then the next layer up is super light pink, and coated with lighter, less saturated sparkles than the middle one.

This skirt seems extremely uncomfortable in real life since it barely moves at all but hey. This is a doll. Though can't you imagine fighting evil with a skirt that's super stiff?

Yes, I know this picture is ridiculously bright. I don't even know why.
And then she has this middle black piece I don't even know how to describe. It's... kinda like a corset? But not really. It's really stiff but once again. This is a doll. It has a slit in the middle which at the top of there's a little plastic heart jewel. It's a little tacky but in a cute way.

The bottom edge of it tends to kinda poke up if it was packaged wrong, as you can see in the above picture. It doesn't really make a difference though. 

The top edge is lace and really cute!

Underneath that she has a pink... I don't know what to call this material either. DANG it. It's shimmery but not really. It has dots but. Kind of? I'm not even trying to explain it. Never mind.

Anyway. That has a slit at the top too! I really like it. It's also a turtleneck, which makes me unbelievably angry because NOW Jakks does a turtleneck. WHY DIDNT THEY WITH EVERYDAY AND CHARMIX BLOOMS??? Those needed it more!!!

At the top of it is a little bow, which is the same material as that black stiff sparkly thing corset thing. There are so many things on this doll I don't know what are called. I guess that's a good sign.

I really like her gloves! They're just like the ones on Blue SDCC Bloom, but longer. 


And here are her wings and face! Her wings are, surprisingly enough, a different mold than normal Enchantix's. Don't know why they did that, but hey, I'm fine with it. I like this mold better. They're really cute and glittery. And the other side is really different! I actually like it better, but there's no switching them. You'll see them in my next photo.

Her face is almost, not quite the same as the Believix/Enchantix one. It's all the same except she has giant silver glitter caked on to her eyeshadow. It's almost comical how much there is but it's adorable and actually really pretty. Other than that though, it's the same.


This is her hair-- and the back of her wings. Her hair is the same as the Believix/Enchantix hair but surprisingly nicer and softer. I don't know if it's just mine or what, but it's actually curled really nicely. Never brush it though.

Never.

Instead of the usual purple rubberbands on that hairstyle this one's got pink.


And here's a comparison of the two girls! They're really, really different.

I think I like Pink Enchantix's outfit better. The colors on normal are better since they're accurate, but the actual clothing itself is much more accurate on Pink. Like, the pieces and parts and all. If you turned them the correct colors, this doll would be the best ever.

You can also see the wing differences in this picture. Normal's are much taller, and there's a gap between the top and bottom parts, while Pink's are shorter and there's no gap. They also have little jewels hanging off while normal doesn't.


I felt obligated to show you guys the differences between the hair. Do you see this? I've never brushed either doll's hair. This is, for the most part, straight out of the box, except I might've moved it around a little on each. Do you see what I mean now by Pink's hair is curled much nicer? Does ANYONE have a nice haired normal one? I know Sophix had nice hair so I'm just wondering.


And last but not least, a pretty useless facial comparison because I still don't know what happened with my photos. Generally the same, but a little different as you can see here, just in the eyeshadow. Any other differences you see in this picture is just my terrible photos.

Overall, I'd rate this doll a 9.5/10. Extremely pretty, and an amazing doll! But I'm not big on the color combo and would've proffered another one. She's $30 which is a pretty big price hike from the other Deluxe dolls, but I do think she's worth it, she's overall much higher quality.

What do you guys think of the doll? Do you like her or normal Enchantix better?

3 comments:

  1. for the fabricy stuff, the underskirt is a polyester netting (It'd probably be tulle on a person, though maybe with a chiffon underlay because tulle is itchy), the black part is an overlay, and the material for the top it meant to emulate sequined fabric I believe! o v o

    ReplyDelete
  2. is she articulated in the arms? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Just like the deluxe dolls, but the joints actually seem smoother than that to me. They move a lot better.

      Delete