Sunday, March 31, 2013

New Jakks Pacific SDCC Daphne Doll

LOOOOOOOK what's coming out..!!!!

You guys better be SUPER excited because man this is amazing. She's officially on ToysRUs Canada's site! http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=20365846

I love that they actually made her orange. None of the other companies had the guts to do that and look at how amazing it turned out. She's orange and she looks exactly like the CGI.

I think it'd be better if the dress was a color a bit further from her skin, but hey I'm not gonna complain too much about this because we're getting a Daphne. 

I love the things on her arms. They look torn. Which works for a spirit.

It doesn't look like she has a face; that's kinda cool and creepy at the same time. I mean, of course I see lips, but that's because they're molded on. I wonder if she'll even have like, eye outlines or something.

I'm loving the molded on hair/mask/hat whatever that is. I know people would probably complain it's molded and not real hair but MAN, do you really want that in real hair? That doesn't even look like real hair in the TV show!

So it also looks like she's going to be a Comic Con doll. That's a little bit of a pain but since Winx Club isn't extremely popular it should be fine. Blue Bloom went up on TRU Canada's website like this, too-- so my guess this girl is going to be limited to 1010.

I wonder if they will make equivalents to Silver and Gold Bloom, too? I can't think what they could be though. Maybe one would be 2D Daphne?

But anyway, I am SOOOO excited!!

What do you guys think of her? Do you plan to get her? Do you think they'll make Silver and Gold equivalents?

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! She truly does look like the CGI :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping that this is like a "fan favorite/most requested" promotion. So the more exclusive ones, if my theory is right, would be Roxy, Mirta, or even Galatea. That would make me really, really excited, or at least more excited than I am now!

    Though it's a good sign that they're making non-Winx dolls. Maybe there will be a Roxy doll in stores after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the fact we're getting a Daphne but I hope the official product looks a little different. I think the dress should be a little more detailed I guess. Also, the molded head looks a bit weird to me, but knowing Jakks I'm sure the official product will be a bit more different.

    ReplyDelete