Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What Fits Jakks Pacific Winx Club Dolls?

Okay, be honest guys. Who doesn't love redressing their dolls? But I've noticed Winx Club dolls are kinda hard to redress.. they're oddly skinny, have small busts, and super long legs. So I decided to do an experiment!

I pulled several different dolls that I had on hand and tried their clothing on Winx Club. And these are the results! Tecna here is gonna be modeling for us.

MATTEL'S HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL DOLLS


I decided to start with what I thought would most likely fit.  These dolls were released when the High School Musical movies were coming out and they look about the size of current Skipper. They're pretty short, but I figured it would be worth a try because of their smaller bust and about the same size torso.

Hey, this worked pretty well!
And I was right! It fit really well! Now maybe if I could rip off that ugly fluffball on the front it could be someone's permanent outfit. It's slightly loose at the waist-- but it's not like it's falling down or anything. It's just like if you tried to pull it down it would come off easily.

I don't have any more clothing of this size to try on... but I'd say generally, this was a success! This should fit on all Winx girls, so if you're looking for new clothing for them be sure to pick up some of these if you see them.

BRATZ AND MOXIE GIRLZ DRESSES

Bratz pants.. I didn't even wanna try. You don't understand how painful it is taking tight pants off a Bratz doll with their rubber legs. I never want to experience that again. So all you get is a dress, since I know for a fact shirts would be too small.
It was doubtful that these would fit, since Bratz are significantly smaller in the torso then Winx Club, but I figured it was worth a try. Let's see how it turned out...

Tecna's feeling a little cold.
Woops. We're gonna need some pants under there, because Tecna's showing a little bit too much leg. What is a dress on a Bratz doll, is a shirt on a Winx Club doll. Buuuuut... it is a shirt that fits! As long as you have some you know, pants. 

So let's try a Moxie Girlz dress!

I guess it works?
It's slightly longer then Bratz which is a plus, and it fits better two, It's slightly loose around the hips though, but generally the same results as Bratz-- you're gonna need some pants.

SIMBA/WITTY WINX CLUB DOLLS

Yep... the European dolls! I decided to take a chance, even though I was pretty sure it wouldn't fit since the torsos on those things are tiny, but hey, who knows? Let's give it a try.

Whoa.... this actually worked!
NOT what I was expecting, but this came out perfectly! I probably should've used Flora, but. Hey, Tecna works too. She looks surprisingly cute in this.

The shirt just barely fit, but it did! The boots are kinda flaring outwards in the front, but it's not that noticeable and I don't think that it really matters that much. I really like how Jakks look in this! Hey Jakks... if you're reading this, take a look at this! Next time try to include just as many details as Simba does so that yours look just as good in their own outfits!

Okay, so if Simba fits on Jakks... let's see if Jakks fits on Simba!

Nope.
My attempt at putting Tecna's Everyday outfit on Believix Flora was quickly defeated, by the fact that I couldn't get these tights over Flora's rubber legs. I'm sure somebody could... but as I mentioned earlier, getting anything over rubber legs that's not a skirt is horrible. So I just gave up and decided to try it without the tights.

That's better!
It fits, but it looks a little... odd. The stomachs on Simba dolls are really small, so her shirt and skirt have come together to look like a dress. Maybe this would work better with pants or something, I don't know.

The shoes fit perfectly though! It was a little hard to get on her, but I did manage it and they look pretty good.

Overall I'd say their clothing can fit on each other, but Jakks on Simba has a few little weird parts.

BARBIE CLOTHING

While Barbie and Winx Club are definitely closest in general shape and height, that doesn't mean their clothing is gonna fit. Barbie is much bigger in the bust which I think is probably gonna cause some problems, but hey, let's give it a try.
...not really.
That doesn't really work. Not sure if my picture shoes it or not, but the straps are way up high. This would have to be altered a whole lot to really work, especially considering right now it looks like Tecna's left breast is falling out of the dress. 

MONSTER HIGH BOYS

Monster High girls I know for a fact won't work. I tried one and I couldn't get it up the bust. It was horrendous. But since the boys are a bit bigger, maybe they'll work? Let's see...
Where's Timmy, this is what he should be wearing!
Uh... kind of. I guess. She looks really, really stuffy though, and the moment I lifted her up the shoes fell right off. The pants kind of fit but they're bunchy in parts, and... as I mentioned before, it just looks really, really stuffy.

But I guess if you're into that it works. Right?

So out of all this... I'd say the two that fit Winx Club Jakks Pacific dolls best would be the High School Musical outfits, and the Simba Winx. Bratz/Moxie Girls work too with pants, and Barbie would too with alterations. 

Well, thanks for reading! If you have any questions feel free to ask. :) Which look do you like best on Tecna? Besides her original that is.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Tecna in the dress the best. All the other outfits are too small and short, or just weird on her.

    And OMG That last outfit was made for Timmy!

    ReplyDelete