Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review: Season 5: Episode 3, The Rise of Tritannus

Image from Flora Enchantix on Winx Wikia
Today the third episode of Season 5 premiered! I must say, it was quite good. Here are my thoughts!

Tritannus is really kinda creepy. He keeps going after toxic waste for power, doesn't that seem dangerous?? Like it would have some sort of long-term affect on his body. Unless he wants to stay sea-mutant forever. In which case go ahead.

Icy.. I can't tell if she's trying to use him, or if she really likes him? If she's trying to use him, goodness she is a good actress. If she really likes him.. bleh. It's fine, since at least it's not all three of the Trix liking the villain like in Season 3, but it's still kind of obnoxious. 

The Winx had a band concert, but honestly who wasn't expecting that, based on the description including them having a benefit concert. I don't really like how much they're pushing the 'be green' thing, mainly because they even wrote a whole song about it, but it's not bad. It's teaching people to be green, alright. I just wish they'd do it more subtly. 

Aisha is so awesome. All the girls are using magic to attack the enemy and she is just kicking and throwing the enemy. Kinda feel bad for her though, finding out her cousin is the sea-mutant absorbing pollution.

I'm glad they're heading back to Alfea, I was missing that place! I hope they stay there for the rest of the Season, at least most of it. It's really fun to see them there. 

The writing is improving. It was kinda lacking Season 4, but it's getting better. I'm happy about that. I hope their personalities get more development, that was the main mistake of Season 4. There was barely any, minus Roxy, Musa, and Riven.

Overall I think it was a really good episode, about as good as the last episode! I'd give it about a 7/10. :)

Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch Episode 4 when it premieres next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment