Saturday, September 29, 2012

Review: Jakks Pacific: Charmix: Bloom and Stella Dolls

A while back I had told you guys I had bought Bloom and Stella from ToysRUs and was waiting to get Flora to do a review.. well since there's no new episode airing this week and I wanted to post something for you guys, I decided to post just these two, and I'll add Flora when I get her. :)


BLOOM

Bloom is a lovely doll, and I'm very glad they made her, but she's not my favorite of the line. 

The doll is quite different from the stock picture-- the crown seen in the stock picture is a clearish yellow, while in person it's much more yellow then clear. The outfit is made out of an odd material, but if you zoom in on it here you can see it. It doesn't look quite so bad in person though-- it has lots of sparkles on it, which for some reason do not show up in pictures.

The hair is also different, it's just the same as Concert of Everyday Bloom's hair instead of Believix like it's pictured as here. I do like however that unlike Believix, if you brush this one's hair it won't be messed up. The face is the same as Concert and Everyday, as well. She isn't posable, either. Same body as Concert/Everyday.

While there are quite a few different things about this doll from the stock picture, that make her better or worse, there are quite a few wonderful things about her! 

She really is a beautiful doll, and she resembles Bloom closely. They did the gloves perfectly, and the wings are really pretty too. If you're looking for a cute Bloom Charmix doll in the USA, this is probably the one to go for, since Mattel's is only on eBay now and Simba's is only sold in Europe. Giochi's is also only on eBay now, AND was only sold in Europe.

My only two big complaints about her is that they opted for a necklace instead of a jewel on her shirt, and for some reason they didn't give her a turtleneck like it is in the show.

She's still very cute though. Overall rating is around 6 or 7/10. She's more on the 'cute doll' side then the accurate side.

STELLA

Stella is my favorite of the line, for sure. She's absolutely adorable.

Her hair didn't come in pigtails, but that can be easily fixed if you just use some of the rubberbands from the packaging. It also has bangs like Everyday/Concert Musa's in person instead of the side part seen here.

Her accessories seen here are a clear blue, in person they are a solid clear blue the same color as their Enchantix Bloom doll's top part of her dress.

That's about all the varies from the stock picture.

I love how they did her wings-- both her and Bloom's are coated in glitter which can be a little obnoxious at times, but overall it gives them a cute effect. They didn't do her shirt quite right, but it still looks fine. Confuses me why they gave her a jewel on her shirt and not Bloom, though. Her boots are very accurate.

Very cute face, same as Concert/Everyday Stella's face. I haven't tried brushing her hair personally, but it's not in a style I think would be messed up if you brushed it.

Overall I'd give her around a 7.8/10. Very cute doll, and more accurate then Bloom, while still remaining a cute doll.

Flora will be added when I buy her, thank you for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment