Saturday, September 15, 2012

Review: Jakks Pacific Enchantix Doll 4 Pack

So this weekend I went to Target and got one of these! I got mine for a real bargain-- they have a temporary markdown going on right now so it was $47 or so, but because I had a 20% off coupon it totaled up to only $38 when it usually retails $55. Cool, right?

Overall I think it's a fabulous pack for Winx fans, but for normal doll collectors it my fall flat. Here's my review.

BLOOM

Bloom is surprisingly one of my favorites out of this pack. While she doesn't look particularly interesting in images, in person she's the most stunning.
Her wings are GIGANTIC, for one thing. Believix size, if not bigger. Her dress works very well how they did it, and I love the pink glitter used on it. I'm glad they used it instead of plain white glitter or blue glitter, it looks much nicer.

Not to mention she just looks pretty in general, she uses the Believix face and has the Believix hairstyle though, which means don't brush it. I went over that in my Believix review, so unless you want a raging monster on your hands don't brush it.

My only complain about her is her hairstyle-- in the show she has a side part with a few little short strands. While I didn't expect them to do short strands or anything detailed like that, I do wish they would've done a side part. With some boiling water it could be fixed though. And it doesn't look bad how it comes, anyway.

Bloom gets an 8 out of 10.

STELLA

Stella fell flat, when I expected her to be the best out of the pack judging off pictures, I'm not saying she isn't a good doll, she is! Her face is absolutely gorgeous, it's almost like an altered Believix face for her, altered just enough so that it looks just a little bit different. 

Her outfit isn't bad, but it just isn't that interesting. The top is rather plain, though I do appreciate them putting those two blue straps. The skirt would be better if the little pieces of cloth were fuller, instead of just laying flat. When laying flat they don't cover up the entire under-skirt, so it looks kind of odd.

Her wings are my favorite of the pack-- they're not as big as Bloom's, but the colors and shape are gorgeous and they're what complete the doll. The only really bid downside of this doll is her hair, it's like Believix's weird hair but twice as bad. With some combing and/or boiling water it could be fixed, though.

Stella gets a 6.5 out of 10.

FLORA

Flora isn't particularly bad, but she's not amazing. The pink piece of fabric on the front of her dress is cut very well and looks like the show (enough) on some dolls, while on others it's cut too little and it's too big. I got one that's too big-- they had one that was the right size, but I worry more about faces then clothing with these dolls. You can touch up an outfit and alter it, but you can't a face.

As far as hair goes it wasn't that bad, but if you tried to brush it it would be. They gave her the same two curls in the front as Believix, when I would have liked if they had given her actual Enchantix hairstyle with the two little strips of hair in the front. 

I do however really love her wings, the coloring is really nice and they're really big. They look just like the show and are absolutely perfect. 

With Flora, the top of her outfit/dress is a pattern, instead of different pieces of ribbon. I would've preferred they use a striped fabric instead though-- they used one with wavy lines, and it looks kind of odd. With Flora, she looks very pretty as a doll, but she falls flat on accuracy.

Flora gets a 7 out of 10.

ICY

Of course Icy is the main reason everyone is buying the pack, so this is probably the one you want to hear most about. ;) 

Overall I think Icy is pretty nice. I love the color they made her hair, it's perfectly accurate. And as silly as it is that she has a sparkly cape, it works really nice and it almost looks like ice crystals from afar.  That works really nice, imo.

She's missing the I on her jumpsuit, but it was kinda dorky anyway. My only other complain about the outfit is how vibrant a blue it is-- it's not ugly or bad, it's just in the show it was kind of a dark faded teal. But hey; I'm content with any Icy doll.

Her face is probably the part that is the most inaccurate, it doesn't look much like Icy. It looks pretty, and it looks evil, but it doesn't look much like Icy. I see what they were trying to do with it, but it looks too... well, you know how there are two different kinds of evil smiles? The eyes wide open, big grin, angry eyebrows evil smile, and the slight smile, half-closed eyes, angry eyebrows evil smile. Icy in the show has the first kind, on the doll she has the second.

Icy gets a 8 out of 10.

OVERALL THOUGHTS

I think this pack is a really good purchase for any Winx collector-- imagine how rare Icy will be in ten years! But as far as doll quality goes most doll collectors would be a little disappointed. 

Though I don't really like how all these dolls (minus Icy) have the same gloves, I wish they would've made them different colors. :( It works fine though, it looks good. Just for accuracy purposes I wish they would've. Or at least made them lighter. Oh well! 

For people who are worried about the bendy legs some of these dolls are suffering, from being tied into the package weirdly: This pack does have it. My Icy's right boot suffers the most from it, then Stella's right leg. 

Overall this pack gets a 7.5 out of 10.

Thanks for reading, and be sure to check back tomorrow for my Season 5 Episode 4 review!  

No comments:

Post a Comment