Monday, October 22, 2012

Review: Jakks Pacific: Everyday Bloom and Flora Dolls

Winx didn't air this weekend, danggit. I was so sad! I'm not sure if it's supposed to air next week either. :( Oh well. I guess I'll just buy Winx dolls to keep up my Winx spirit...! Here's a doll review in the meantime.

I've decided to do these reviews as I get products, since it takes me forever to complete lines, haha. I still haven't bought Charmix Flora. :P Might have to do that next weekend. 

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I picked up these two from my local Target! When I went they had these two and Musa. Personally I really like them! Here's my review.

BLOOM

Honestly I wasn't expecting Bloom to be all that great since none of the pictures have done her justice, but in person she's actually a really cute doll! The face is similar to my Charmix Bloom's face, but she has taller eyes and fuller lips, just slightly. I really like how they do that-- how every doll's face is just a little different. :)

Her shirt is cute. Isn't my favorite part, but it's not bad at all. The only thing I wish they'd done differently is that I wish they'd made it a turtle neck like it is in the show. They don't seem to want to do any turtleneck shirts, it's odd. They skimped out on Charmix Bloom as well. Oh well, it looks fine anyway, haha.

Her jean skirt and socks are my favorite parts! The jean skirt is lighter then it is in the show but personally I think it looks even cute this way. At first I thought the socks were a little short compared to her giant thigh-high things in the show, but looking at them not they look good. Her shoes are cute too. :) 

As far as hair goes... it's like Believix Bloom, don't brush it. It doesn't look too bad out of the box though. I wish Jakks would give Bloom her little strip of bangs at the front but I see why they don't. It'd be a pain in the neck.

Overall I'd give this doll a 8 out of 10, she really serves her purpose as 'Everyday Bloom' well. I love her!




FLORA

Flora's gorgeous! This is my favorite Flora I own yet. I'm definitely glad I bought her. Her face is absolutely amazing... it looks just like Flora from the show! I know I've said that about other Floras... but this one takes the cake.  It's really different from her other faces, it looks older and more sophisticated.

She's a little different from the stock picture-- the green necklace seen here is pink in person, and her skirt is a tad longer. But other then that it's spot-on. The hair is like Bloom's, once again, don't brush it. That's a common problem with Jakks dolls, but if you don't mind how it comes then it doesn't really matter anyway. I don't mind.

Her shirt and skirt are the same slightly icky fabric as on Charmix Bloom-- but on Flora it's much better. It's more noticeable but it doesn't feel as icky or anything. Honestly I don't mind it. 

The shoes and socks on this doll... OMG, love. Why do I have such a thing for shoes and socks on Jakks dolls?? These shoes are adorable! They're bigger and clunkier then normal heels and it looks adorable and cartoony. The socks are the exact right length as well. 

Overall I'd give this doll an 8 out of 10, just like Bloom. She's just like Flora, even though there are a couple little details that didn't turn out well. She's adorable too.

Keep an eye out for more Winx reviews, as I might be picking up more dolls soon. ;) Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment.

Also, Halloweens coming up soon... what are you dressing up as? I might try to be a Winx girl and make my own costume, hehe. Those official ones are just too small for me now. I wish they'd make teen costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment