Thursday, April 11, 2013

Witty Toys Official Mermaid and 'Sweet Fairy' Images

I was going to do just episode reviews this week, but a friend of mine requested I check these out and post my opinion on them too. So here you guys go!

http://magixjourney.blogspot.com/2013/04/winx-club-sirenix-mermaid-and-sweet.html There's the images.
 
Witty Toys released their official promos of their new Mermaid dolls. We saw these designs years ago on those old Sirene books, it's nice we're finally getting dolls of them. It's too weird they're using Jakks heads though... I'm thinking the final dolls could have them, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Going left to right, my opinions on them:

Aisha

She's probably my least favorite of the group, she's not bad or anything but her tail is very simple and plain and I'm not big on how bright her tail is. Her top doesn't have any special stuff to it either, only that one frill. But she's not bad. I'd probably rate her 6/10. Nice, but plain.

Bloom

I surprisingly really like Bloom, which is odd since I never liked that design in the Sirene books. The color they made her tail is perfect and I love those little frills coming off it at the top. It's simple, but with a little extra flair which really improves the design as a whole. I'd give her a total 7/10.

Stella

I think Stella's probably my favorite. I'm impressed they kept the oddly tan skintone from the Sirene books, it looks really good! I like the little star at the top of her tail and how she has short frills coming off all of it at the seams. Though I don't particularly like that one piece of fabric hanging off, it doesn't contribute to the design at all. Her top is a little plain as well but I think that it's balanced out by the super busy tail. I'd give her a total 7.5/10 or so.

Flora

I'm not too big on Flora. I like the frills coming out everywhere but they're upstaged by that bright green stuff on her top and arms. I think it would've worked out better if they hadn't had any on her top and just made it like Bloom's but pink, and then kept the stuff on her arms but made it pink. The bright green is too overpowering though. I'd give her a 6.5/10 or so.

What do you guys think? I wish they'd made a Musa and Tecna too, since those two have amazing Sirene designs. But I'm happy they went and made these anyway. If they came to America (which they won't, I'm just saying that like 'if they were readily available in any store') I'd probably buy at least Bloom and Stella, maybe the other two too.

'Sweet Fairy' limited doll is pretty nice too, but I'm not too big on her. I really like her outfit, but not with wings and powers... that's not a fairy outfit. That's like an odd, girly date night outfit. I like it, but not with wings and all.

Speaking of wings. Those are actually pretty nice ones. Nothing special though, just average.

I don't really have much to say about this doll. I'd probably buy her if she came to America (same thing) but I wouldn't like her as much as some of the other, not limited dolls. Overall I'd probably rate her about a 6.5 or so out of 10.

What do you guys think of her?

No comments:

Post a Comment