Monday, January 14, 2013

The Stella Design Studio has showed up on eBay... and I don't understand how it works

So that thing has hit... and I really, really don't get it... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Jakks-2013-Nickelodeon-WINX-CLUB-Playset-STELLAS-DESIGN-STUDIO-w-Doll-/400387927862?_trksid=p5197.m1992&

credit to eBay user picker_joes for images, will remove if asked

Alright. So "Includes Stickers to Customize Clothes!" Are we sticking stickers on clothing? Is that all? It looks like we also get a table, a Stella, and a machine. Maybe more, this is hard to tell. Let's check out the back.

On the back, Stella is wearing a different orange outfit and a different blue top... and wait, what's that down there? DISCO dolls?

...what? It says "Create more custom designs with Studio Fashions!" 

Is that going to be some other design playset we're getting that has to do with the Disco dolls? Because that seems to be the only thing relating to them... why are they on here, how do I get them?! Do I have to make those outfits?! I know I can't make those outfits with "Become a fashion designer like Stella, make sewing sounds, and display your creations!", right?! It says "Other dolls sold separately", but... where what are they

Oh look, contents:

1 Sewing Table, 1 Winx Doll, 1 Skirt, 1 T-shirt, 1 Tube Top, 1 Pair of shoes, 1 sewing machine, 4 dress forms, 4 hangars, 2 sticker sheets, 4 fairy stickers, 1 backdrop (on packaging).

Okay so we know what the sewing table is. The Winx doll is Stella, and the tshirt and skirt is what she's wearing. Looks like we also must get that blue tube top. One pair of shoes is also what she's wearing. We see the sewing machine. What are dress forms???

Those hangars look like they're made of cardboard. Two sticker sheets, four fairy stickers (what is the difference are only the four good enough for fairies) and we see the backdrop that I can't believe they're counting as including.

Unless dress forms is code for 3 disco outfits, I do not understand. Nor do I understand what to do with this playset.

Anyway. The point of this post was mainly to show you guys Disco down there.. and maybe to figure out what this thing does. This wasn't the post I'd been planning, so check back for that in a few days.

Please comment if you think you understand this better than me!

7 comments:

  1. I think the dress forms might simply be those cardboard mannequins. I wonder if Jakks will be giving us fashion packs???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disco dolls would've been so much cooler than cardboard mannequins, laaaame.

      That'd be cool. Since these outfits are much too high quality to really come on the cheap line dolls.

      Delete
    2. It almost looks like those are the city style dolls, and the disco outfits are fashion packs. I wonder if that's the case?

      Delete
    3. By City Style do you mean City Fashions? lol.

      If you do mean that, then yeah, that looks like it could be the case. I hope it turns out to be a bigger line though. Aisha's outfit was the best.

      Delete
  2. hey u understood more than me! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. They could have at least included some red glasses with that sewing machine so you could make her have the random glasses tic that Rarity has when she starts sewing. Honestly, that'd be kind of funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, that'd be adorable on Stella!

      One of these days I demand a pair of red glasses on a Rarity brushable. My pony collection just isn't complete without my favorite character in her sewing getup.

      Delete