Friday, January 4, 2013

Review: Jakks Pacific, Stella Harmonix Doll

Dropped by ToysRUs this morning, no City Style. If they had them I would've gotten Aisha, but no luck. I'll check back next week. 

As some of you read I did go there last week though and snagged both City Style and Harmonix Stella. I did a review of City Style last week, but now it's time for Harmonix! Let's get started.

As you can see, Sibylla still hasn't found her note book to tear paper out of for the floors of her pictures.
So, this is Stella. She's a pretty nice doll! I think Bloom beats her overall, but she does have some little parts that are better than Bloom. So let's start toe to head.

I thought I took a picture of her shoes, but I guess I didn't. Oh well. Anyway.

So Stella Harmonix's shoes are generally the same as Bloom's; they start off orange, and turn into the same pink color as Bloom's start as. They're really tall, just like Bloom's. My only complaint is they kinda sink down occasionally and end up at around her knees. They don't go any further then that though.

This is her dress! Personally I kinda thought it was a letdown compared to Bloom's. I know they're generally the same but Bloom's had that pink thing across the top and just looked nicer in general. The fabric used on Stella seems really thin too.

I mean, I know there aren't that many details on the top part of her costume anyway but they could've done this thing:

That orange band on her shirt below the frills on her bust.

Anyway. The skirt is cute same as Bloom's, but part of the skirt kept folding up and that got annoying. It's a nice orange color. I wish this doll was a little less citrus, like the show, but I know they were looking at the art instead where she pretty much is this citrus.

This outfit looks horribly uncomfortable. But hey, they're cartoons. It doesn't matter. She also has the exact same belt as Bloom and everyone else in the line. Exciting.

These are her wings. They're probably my favorite of the line, I absolutely adore the color sparkles they used for them. It looks like pink bubblegum. I'm not sure if you can see it or not but there are tons of different colors in her wings; yellow, orange, purple, pink, blue.

They're really pretty.

This is the back of everything! As you can see I redid her hair. It came with a nice pretty bump and down but you know, I took it down and tied it up in a ponytail so it looked like the show.

Her train is the same beautiful material as Bloom's, but it's a nice yellow. The same color as the show. I don't really see any problems with it, no tears or anything, that's nice. 

It's a miracle her wings haven't fallen apart once yet. Most my dolls will have like, one wing that always falls off.

Her face is super gorgeous! It's really different from the Believix face, which I'm grateful about. I disliked the Believix face a whole lot. It wasn't very Stella at all. This one has pink pearly lipstick and light pink and yellow eyeshadow. Funny thing is on my doll, on one eye the lower eyeshadow is pink and the upper yellow, and on the other it's vice versa. I wonder which way it's supposed to be?

I really like the hair on this doll. I've sseen the bangs done differently on a lot of the ones in stores, like I mean, some more in her face and all that, but I like the way mine is the best personally.

She also has these two really long pieces in front that are like the longest things I've ever seen and they hang down to her knees. I haven't even decided how I feel about them. I don't even know if she has them in the show or not. They're cute, but they're weird.

This is her crown! It's well.. a crown. I wish the shape of it was more like the show but that's fine. It has a starfish on one side and the rest is just orange and sparkly. I like it. It's tied to her head with little light orange strings on each side as seen in the photo.

Overall I'd rate this doll about an 8/10. Not as fab as Bloom, but not bad.

Sorry if this review wasn't very interesting, I'm kinda tired. My next post will be "What happened, Winx Club? Part 2" and after that.. I haven't decided. Be sure to check back though! Season 5 is resuming this month so episode reviews will be making a comeback as well. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment